Thursday 27 March 2008

Keeping an Artist's Journal



Somehow reading this post and its accompanying comments I feel inspired to keep an artist's journal! (not promising I actually will)

Well, I already keep a personal diary, with the occasional small important item glued into it, but it's not colourful, nor suitable for reading by all & sundry!

I think the ideal could be something like the old botany books we had as primary (elementary) school students - or just entirely blank pages, of 300gsm watercolour paper preferably, so there's less buckling caused by wet paint?

2 comments:

Bimbimbie said...

Hi Bronwyn I picked up one of those small visual art diaries at Christmas with every intention to add collage and words about what ever had caught my eye that day. It lasted about a week ... after reading your post and the link I'm going to try again. I'm no artist but it's nice to play with pens and crayons *!*

Linda O'Neill said...

That's a good idea, Bronwyn. I love looking at other people's journals because they are so raw and inspiring. I have a hard time keeping one myself though. Maybe I'm just too lazy!:)