Tuesday 14 October 2008

Untitled painting, for Brigalow Arts Festival

I like to put at least one painting in our local annual Brigalow Arts Festival each year. This year I procrastinated so much that I didn't have the painting started before entries closed, so it's "Untitled". Not only that, but I finished this painting Friday morning, before delivering it to the Biloela Civic Centre just a few hours later! Tsk tsk.



Yes, it's not like anything I've painted previously. This was an experiment.

What's life without "having a go"?

8 comments:

Linda O'Neill said...

Hi Bronwyn! It's always good to push yourself and experiment, isn't it? I really like what you've done here. Looks "Mondrian'ish" to me. Love the bold black lines!

Staci Rose said...

Hi hon! Really good to hear from you! Also, your experiment is fabulous!!!

Sandi McBride said...

I came in to meet you and say thanks for dropping by to see me...and the lovely comment. You do wonderful work...I love the coffee being poured into the cup painting...the first one...I don't know how I could function without my coffee, lol! I once did a post called The Cup about how attached I can get to one coffee cup...that painting called to me! I hope you win the contest with this new painting. Well done!
Sandi

tlchang said...

Yes, kind of like a multi-colored Mondrian 'party' feel to it. :-) Looks like it was fun to do.

Sandi McBride said...

I come from a family that cares not one whit for abstract art...they want their paintings to "look like something". Why do they not see it? I love this painting...
Sandi

Torrie Smiley said...

Thank you so much for your comments on my blog, how nice of you to visit. I love your experiment! I experimented last night... I painted a horse, that looked like a moose. I guess I could have just called it a moose...but I tossed it in the trash instead. I think I will paint a pear. : )

Have a wonderful weekend!

Torrie

LINDSAY said...

Thanks for your sweet words Bronwyn! Your new painting is very cheerful, love the bold colors :)

Chrisy said...

...love the composition and colour choice in this painting...